Đăng ký bộ dự đoán đề thi IELTS, Sách/Tài liệu/Khóa học IELTS: LINK
Như các bạn đã biết, trong phần thi IELTS Writing, thì IELTS Writing Task 1 chỉ chiếm 1/3 số điểm. Nhưng nếu các bạn không làm tốt Writing Task 1 thì điểm số band 6 trở lên là hoàn toàn xa vời, đúng không nào. Vì vậy phải nắm thật chắc phần thi này trong tay. Và “cách paraphrase” trong IELTS Writing Task 1 là một trong những phần kiến thức khiến các bạn khá lúng túng nhất. Bài viết này Jenny sẽ trình bày các cách paraphrase trong IELTS Writing Task 1.
Bài viết này dành cho cả các bạn đang mất căn bản trong IELTS, nên những bạn đang có nền tảng tốt về IELTS thì cũng dùng để ôn tập lại để thành thạo hơn. Nếu thấy bài viết hữu ích, đừng quên chia sẻ cho các bạn thí sinh khác để lấy may mắn trước khi thi nhé. Good luck!
Subject refers to the chart – Chủ ngữ chỉ biểu đồ
- Chỉ có 1 biểu đồ: The chart / graph / illustration / map / table
- Nhiều hơn 1 biểu đồ: The two charts / graphs … (thay “two” thành số lượng biểu đồ thực tế)
- Động từ chính thường sử dụng: compare / show / illustrate / give information about / provide information about … (chia động từ nếu chủ ngữ là số ít)
Ex: The two pie charts illustrate the proportion of five types of energy production in France in 1995 and 2005.
Subject refers to figures – Chủ ngữ đề cập đến số liệu
- the percentage of … / the proportion of …
- the number of … / the figure for …
Ex. the proportion of people using the Internet in the Vietnam / the percentage of people using the Internet in the Vietnam / the number of people using the Internet in the Vietnam / the figure for people using the Internet in the Vietnam
Relative clause & Reduced relative clause – Mệnh đề quan hệ & mệnh đề quan hệ rút gọn
Hay sử dụng trong IELTS Writing Task 1
- The man who works at Costco lives in Seattle = Rút gọn: The man working at Costco lives in Seattle.
- The car, which was purchased in Seattle, was a vintage Mustang. = Rút gọn: The car purchased in Seattle was a vintage Mustang.
- The professor who is teaching mathematics will leave the university = Rút gọn: The professor teaching mathematics will leave the university.
Ít sử dụng hơn:
- The children who were happy played until nine in the evening = Rút gọn: The happy children played until nine in the evening.
- The desk, which was stained, was antique = Rút gọn: The stained desk was antique.
Verb refers to increases/ decreases – Động từ chỉ sự tăng, giảm
- X increased => There was an increase / rise / growth …. in the number of … noun + V-ing or V-ed
- Ex: The number of people using the Internet increased sharply in 1990 = There was a sharp increase in the number of people using the Internet in 1990.
- Y decreased => There was a decrease / drop / fal l/ decline … in the number of … noun +V-ing or V-ed
- Ex: The number of people using the Internet decreased slightly in 1990 = There was a slight drop in the number of people using the Internet in 1990.
Subject refers trends in the chart – Chủ từ đề cập đến xu hướng
- A is/was the most significant popular … A là phổ biến nhất …
- Ex. The seafood was the most popular food in Japan during the 80s.
- The most significant … of … was/were … Quan trọng đáng kể … của … là …
- Ex. The most significant sources of energy were gas and coal.
- The … is/was highest … (có thể về: consumption, spending …)
- Ex. During the 1980s, the consumption of fast food was highest in the USA.
- People tend to + V: Mọi người có xu hướng + động từ (làm gì đó) / People show their preference for…: Mọi người cho thấy sự yêu thích với… / People have a tendency to do sth: Mọi người có xu hướng làm gì …
- People tend to shop in their neighborhood / People show their preference for shopping in their neighborhood / People have a tendency to shop in their neighborhood.
How to paraphrase time – Cách paraphrase thời gian
- between X and Y
- from X to Y
- during the period between X and Y
- during the 19…s
- over the period from X to Y
- over a period of 17 years
- within five fears from X to Y
- during the researched/ observed period
- at the beginning/ end of the period shown
Ex: between 1990 and 2005 = from 1990 to 2005 = over a period of 15 years = …
How to paraphrase aged groups – Cách paraphrase nhóm tuổi
- Old people: the elderly = elderly people = senior citizens
- Young people: the young = teenagers = youngsters
- Middle-aged people = people aged 40 to 60
- People in early adulthood = people who fall into 20 to 40 age group
- People who are aged X to Y = People aged X to Y
Ex. The majority of students aged 18 to 23 were doing academic courses.
Some common topics – Một số chủ đề hay gặp
+ people who have cars / people who own a car
+ Noun: car ownership (việc sở hữu xe ô tô)
+ people who use cars = people driving to work = people who commute by car = people who travel by car = car users = people with cars
Ex. The number of people who commute by car …
+ level(s) of unemployment = unemployment rate
+ people who were unemployed = people who were jobless = people without a job = the unemployed = the jobless
Ex. The level of unemployment increased …
+ poor people = the poor = people who live in poverty = people who live under the poverty line
+ poverty rate = level of poverty = poverty level
Ex. The number of poor people in the USA fell by …
+ Noun: sales = turnover (turnover from … / the turnover of … / sales of …)
+ Verb: earn = obtain = gain = make
ex1. It is clear that turnover from cars increased …
ex2: Company A obtained profits of / made profits of $5 million
+ the amount of X produced / the amount of X made by … / the amount of X manufactured
+ the quantity of … generated (ex. the quantity of electricity generated, the quantity of energy generated)
+ Noun: production, manufacture, generation
+ Verb: to produce = to make = to manufacture = to generate (electricity/energy)
Ex. The amount of corn produced in Vietnam decreased by 10%.
6. Internet usage
+ the population who used the Internet = people who used the Internet = people using the Internet = people who had access to the Internet = people accessing the Internet = Internet users
+ Noun: Internet usage
+ Verb: use = access = connected to = surf
Ex. 70% of people using the Internet in the Vietnam are teenagers
+ Noun: X consumption = X use / the amount of X used / the amount of X consumed
+ Verb: consume = use
Ex. the amount of water used for industries and schools
+ Noun: Spending = expenditure
+ Noun: spender = consumer
+ Verb (active form): spend = use one’s money
+ Verb (passive form): be spent on = be allocated for = be used for = be expended = be paid out for
Ex. Spending on academic books rose rapidly to $1000 in 2019.
Chúc các bạn học tốt – ieltsjenny.com
Đăng ký bộ dự đoán đề thi IELTS, Sách/tài liệu IELTS: LINK ĐĂNG KÝ